The Analytics Manager works closely with internal stakeholders, from a strategic perspective, to identify and leverage opportunities to promote the strategic use of information across YA – enabling Clients, Account Teams, Sales and Operations at all levels to use business intelligence and analytic tools, models, and analyses to meet their goals.
- Manage a team of data analysts. Responsible for planning, directing and overseeing their work product, and provide mentoring for career growth and development.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their positions and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of analytic platforms, applications, and trends.
- Identify, define, develop and maintain the quality of analytic tools, models, and analyses required to support the business and solve client business issues.
- Ensure team is working collaboratively with product team and other business stakeholders to assess analytic needs and implement analytic solutions.
- Support Sales and Account Teams with prospecting, client Quarterly Business Reviews, and any ad hoc data needs.
- Manage external data and analytics partners.
Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Math, Statistics or other related field; MS/MBA preferred or the equivalent amount of hands on experience working on a data analytics team – preferably in an interactive/consulting agency or in a marketing/advertising environment with Fortune 500 clients.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist plus 3+ years of management/supervisory experience.
- Advanced skills and experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Google Analytics.
- Ability to use statistical methods (hierarchical clustering, regression) to analyze, describe, and visualize insights related to consumers, offer performance, and/or return on investment.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and BI tools such as R, Python, Birst, Tableau, SAS, SPSS.
- Advanced knowledge of data communication and visualization techniques.
- Ability to write SQL queries and understanding of relational and multidimensional designs.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points in a collaborative atmosphere (written and verbal).
- Critical thinker with investigative mindset and a desire to learn new competencies and skills with tenacity to follow through.
- Proven analytical, organizational, project and time management skills that demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities independently — from collecting requirements to delivering final output.
- Client-centric work approach with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven agency environment.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation including ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to identify and solve client business issues as a collaborative business partner adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
- Experience as a manager — coaching, mentoring and developing staff to provide career development planning and opportunities.
- Some domestic and international travel as necessary.
Send resume and salary expectations to Shannon.Senna@yaengage.com